I am. So I made a blog.
I don't really anticipate a large audience, but if it happens, all the better. My goal is to get enough factual information out there in order for people to make informed decisions. It doesn't matter if you are a Democrat or a Republican - we're all on the same sinking ship. With extremists on both sides (though primarily the right), we've been put in to a nosedive that we may not be able to pull up from.
For full disclosure: I am a registered Independent with liberal leanings. I am not an extremist. I am not an uneducated moron. I do not unquestioningly believe everything the media or government puts forth. I support Bernie Sanders. I'm calling for moderates and undecideds of any flavor to pay attention, get the facts, and make some noise.
A lot of us are very quiet when it comes to asserting our beliefs or our desires for how the country needs to be put back together. There are a large number of right-wing extremists who are extremely loud, extremely pushy, and extremely determined to set the country back a few hundred years. The scary part, the part that needs to be put in check, is that they are making headway. They won't stop until we've been stripped of a large number of our freedoms and most of us are living in poverty (some of us already do - I'll give you more about me in a different post). They want to install religion in to our government, yet carry on about how much they support the Constitution - the document the expressly forbids the installation of religion in to our government. They spread lies, hate, disinformation, and propaganda that actually works on a large number of people.
There are plenty of problems on the left as well, so don't go thinking I'm the sort to ignore such issues. Hillary Clinton is a terrible choice for President; she carries too much baggage. Joe Biden is a good guy, but doesn't appear to want to run (for legitimate reasons - at least he can acknowledge that he is currently not fit to serve). That leaves Bernie Sanders, the only candidate not being paid for by major corporations, and the only one - from either side - who gives a hoot about the average person. There are also problems with left-wing extremists who really seem to not actually care about anything - they just want to scream in your face about whatever their topic of choice for the day is. The Black Lives Matter movement so very unfortunately has fallen in to this category of extremists - calls for the actual killing of police and white people do nothing to attract allies and make the whole thing look like just another hate group. It is my wish that civil-minded folks take back control of BLM and get them back on the correct path.
This is just an intro post. I have plenty of material to go deeper in depth with. I just wanted to give people a feel for what's probably going to be going on here. I do not care who or what you are - Republican, Democrat, Christian, Muslim, Athiest, Jew... everyone is welcome. My only request (requirement) is civil debate, using facts, not propaganda (this applies to EVERYONE). Tossing out words like "libtard" automatically discredit anything else you have to say; labeling all Muslims as "terrorists" automatically discredits anything else you have to say; labeling Christians as "Christofascists" automatically discredits anything else you have to say... I'm sure you get the point by now.
Please pass this blog along to anyone you think might be interested. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment